|“||The things that happened a long time ago and the things that happened before I met you ... I want to forget about them.||”|
Livius Orvinus Ifrikia, also known as Livius the First - is the deuteragonist of the story and Emperor of the Sun Kingdom, thus being Nike's husband.
Livius has dark blue hair that reaches the nape of his neck and blue eyes. Nike notes that while Livius is only a child, his eyes are like those of an adult.
He is apparently older than he appears, his lack of growth is due to over working himself as the Sun King.
Livius is noted to be the spitting image of his father. When enraged his demeanour changes and he becomes exceedingly frightening. In theses moments he is viewed to be most alike to King Leonidas.
When cross-dressing he is viewed to be extremely cute, causing many to swoon over him.
When he was young he was like other kids; innocent and curious. However, after his mother's death, Livius grew cold, cruel and became distrustful of everyone around him. Neil noted that it's because he doesn't know how to reach out to people because his enemies are the only ones who surround him and because his mother was also from the lower class, both he and his mother lived an isolated life in the palace and by supporting each other, they were able to live quietly. After his mother's death, Livius began to flourish until the world was conquered. It seemed that Livius conquered the world as a diversion to cover up his damaged heart.
As the story progress, Nike's presence and efforts to help the young King slowly begin to change him, learning to slowly start becoming more relaxed and lively. Later on, Livius shows that he still harbours a much colder and crueller and if not an extremely possessive side, not bothering to hide his bloodlust while furious.
Livius is the current Emperor of the Sun Empire, having conquered and added the entire world under his domain only three years after his coronation, being thirteen at the start of the story.
His father, the former King had took his mother as his offical concubine. As a foreigner from the Grasslands it derived much great hatred from the upper and ruling class towards Livius and Sheila to the point where they had to live in an isolated area of the royal palace. However it also seems King Leonidas secluded them due to his overly possessive feelings towards Sheila.
Livius was not the first in line for the throne as he has an older half-brother Altaria who is likely the son of the Previous Sun Queen. His desire to protect his mother lead him to excel as a child, his skills placed him well above his peers leading his father King Leonidas to name him heir apparent. Although it may have been due to the King's desire to further cement his mother Sheila into the Sun Kingdom.
His mother dies in a joint assassination attempt on both their lives. Livius then decided to claim the throne. Despite being incredibly young, he was talented and cruel. In an amazing feat and show of ability, he cleared his own country of corruption, bringing stability and then conquered the entire world...just to keep himself and his trauma busy. The last nation he would conquer would be the Rain Kingdom, bringing it under his control and demoting it to a duchy while marrying their youngest Princess.
Livius's Age Edit
A heated topic within the fandom, with multiple answers. Although the majority opinion is that Livius is 12-13, such a fact is incorrect and based off a discrepancy in the manga raws of chapter 40. In the officially translated manga, Livius is actually not far apart from Nike in age, however, he appears much younger due to his height which is in turn due to his lack of sleep, overworking and other emotional and mental issues.
Again, in the official manga, Livius is actually 15 years of age.
- He prefers to sleep naked, Nike being the only one to see his whole nude body.
- He did not want to be King until after his mother had been assassinated.
- He uses medicine every single night to sleep and to prevent from being poisoned after his mother was assassinated, which Neil explained takes a terrible toll on Livi's body. He used the medicine, up until he had Nike, but he does not take the medicine anymore.
- Livius has shown evidence of physical growth and has celebrated a birthday in the manga
- He has a strong fear of bugs and insects
- He is adept with a sword
- Livius wears reading glasses
- He enjoys fine clothes
- Livius often likes to lay his head on Nike's lap
- He was once engaged to Queen Ursula I of the Ice Kingdom; however the two nations went to war just before Livius ascended to the throne
- "Since I've begun conquering the world, I've grown bored with no one to oppose me. Will you amuse me?" 《 Chapter 001 》
- "In order to live, I must mow down my enemies. Thus my world is different from hers." 《 Chapter 001 》